APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN TO YEAR 13 PUPILS
To apply for the July 2011 programme, download an application form.
The 16 day trip in July 2011 will focus on working with disadvantaged children in India through Irish-linked charities. The location will be Dehradun and Mussoorie in the foothills of the Himalayas.
The trip will consist of
- Weekend in Delhi – orientation, sightseeing, shopping with trip to Taj Mahal
- Week teaching children in hill village school in Mussoorie
- Global Awareness Weekend with trekking in Himalayas
- Week in Dehradun teaching in school for children from marginalized urban community
- Weekend in Delhi
The total cost of the trip inclusive of all costs including insurance is
- £650 parental contribution for flights
- £500 personal fundraising
- £500 team fundraising.
Each team will comprise 18 young people from Year 13 with 4 teachers
Team 1 from Aquinas Grammar, Methodist College and Sullivan Upper.
Team 2 from Assumption Grammar, Down High and Regent House.
Team 3 from St Mary’s Magherafelt, Rainey Endowed and Dominican College, Portstewart.
Dr Christine Burnett, a teacher for 20 years at Methodist College, will lead the teams along with teachers from each school.
To apply, download an application form.
Information evenings for students and parents of all participating
schools will be held at:
* Rainey Endowed School on Monday 20 September at 7.30pm
* Methodist College on Tuesday 21 September at 7.30pm
* Down High School on Thursday 23 September at 7.30pm
* Dominican College on Monday 27 September at 7.30pm
* Regent House School on Wednesday 29 September at 7.30pm